Mission, Vision & Values
Enabling students to reach the fullness of life Jn10:10
COLLEGE MISSION STATEMENT
McAuley Catholic College is a distinctive Catholic community of Faith and Action
“To Know Wisdom”
Learn what wisdom and discipline are.
Understand words of deep meaning.
Acquire an enlightened attitude of mind
- virtue, justice and fair-dealing.
Teach sound judgement to the ignorant
and knowledge and sense to the young.
Everything we do at McAuley Catholic College is underpinned by the following 5 values. These values originate in the ethos of Mercy which was at the heart of the life and work of Catherine McAuley, founder of the Sisters of Mercy.
Justice, Compassion, Respect, Excellence, Hospitality
COLLEGE GUIDING STATEMENTS
At McAuley Catholic College:
- We value our identity as a distinctive Catholic community that promotes the central place of the Gospel.
- We encourage and support parents in their role as prime educators.
- We ensure the dignity and worth of each member of the school community.
- We strive for excellence in educational standards and achievement through a broad-based curriculum and subject choice.
- We promote a strong co-curricular program in sport, the creative arts and academic-based pursuits.
- We nurture leadership and responsibility in all students.
- We teach students the principles of self-discipline and how to manage and be accountable for their own behaviour.
- We make particular provisions for students with special needs.
- We foster in our students a commitment to Christian Service across the school and within the wider community.
- We are a community that acknowledges the importance of positive education and that learning is optimised when the wellbeing of staff and students is acknowledged and supported with the use of strategies that foster positive relationships