McAuley Catholic College is situated on Hennessy Drive, Clarenza, on the outskirts of Grafton in northern New South Wales. It is a co-educational secondary school conducted by the Clarence Valley Parish within the Diocese of Lismore. The College was formed in 1990 with the amalgamation of three local Catholic schools – Holy Spirit College, St Aloysius College and St Mary’s College. The College’s ethos has been derived from the traditions of two great Religious Orders: the Sisters of Mercy and the Marist Brothers. Since the late 1800s the Sisters of Mercy have been involved in Catholic Education in Grafton and continue to have a significant presence and mission in the local community.
Athletics Carnival – 2020
Information regarding Covid19 Safe Procedures – MCC Athletics Carnival
The College has implemented the following procedures for its upcoming Athletics Carnival:
1. Volunteers, parents and carers are prohibited from attending this event
2. If you feel unwell you should not attend this event. If you become ill during the event report to your house leader for further instructions
3. Staff and students are to ensure that they do not exceed one person per 4 square metres at any time
4. Please use the ‘4 square metre’ rule when using the toilet facilities
5. Practise good hygiene – regular and thorough washing of hands; use of sanitiser; cough or sneeze into the elbow; adopt non-contact greetings; avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands
5. Students are to either wash or sanitise hands before and after each field event and relay race
6. Sanitiser is available for use at the food and drinks gazebo, each field event, house tents and the recording table
7. On completion of each field/relay event, equipment needs to be sanitised before next use
8. No sharing of hats, towels or water bottles.
9. Use contactless payment where possible when purchasing from the food and drinks gazebo
If you have any questions about this important annual College event, please contact Mr Damian Humphries via phone or email.