Catholic Education in the Diocese of Lismore Foundational Values for Catholic Identity and Mission provides the guiding framework upon which we bring our mission into action. Belief in Jesus Christ is the very centre of the Catholic education enterprise. Jesus Christ is the ultimate value upon whom all decisions in Catholic education are acted upon. The six Foundational Values are traditional categories used by the Church to render our faith in Jesus Christ into action and they set out the principles upon which Catholic education in the Diocese of Lismore is built:
The role of Mission at McAuley Catholic College is to ensure that our College is authentically Catholic and a place of evangelisation where students can experience a personal encounter with Jesus Christ. It draws on the traditions of our Mercy and Marist links and is primarily concerned with the way in which our College Community lives out the beliefs and values of our Catholic faith.
We aim to support the mission of the Lismore Catholic Schools office by “Enabling students to achieve fullness of life” (John 10:10) by supporting the spiritual growth of each individual through the way in which we accompany faith formation and worship of our God. This is achieved by:
This encompasses all those activities in the school where we come into direct relationship with God. These are as diverse as a moment of silent prayer before class, or a whole school prayer celebration. Aspects of Liturgy at McAuley include;
- Class masses (Parish masses)
- Special Liturgies (Ash Wednesday, Easter and McAuley Day)
- Home Room Prayer
- Christian Meditation
- Assembly Prayer
- RE Class Prayer
Retreats and Reflection Days
- 3 day residential Retreat in Year 12.
- 3 day residential Retreat in Year 11.
- Reflection Days for Years 7, 8, 9 and 10 at different times throughout the year.
- Special events, guest speakers throughout the year.
- Kairos retreats for selected senior students
- Youth Ministry classes in Year 9 and 10
- JOLT (Jesus over lunch time) Youth group
- Lismore Catholic Schools Office ministry programs – Transitus, Festa Christi, SHINE, LEAD, Street Retreat, ACYF (Australian Catholic Youth Festival)
Social Justice Initiatives
- Community BBQ Trailer
- St Vincent de Paul Conference
- Fundraising for Mercy Works and Catholic Mission
- Fidelis Youth Group